• Home
  • News
  • OBC April Board Meeting Minutes

OBC April Board Meeting Minutes

04/27/2015 7:00 PM | Anonymous

Oregon Brew Crew April Board Meeting Minutes

 

A board meeting of the Oregon Brew Crew was held in Portland, Oregon on April 28, 2015.  The meeting convened at 7:20PM.

 

Members of the Board in attendance were:

President, Lee Hedgmon

Vice President, Will Minderhout

Treasurer, Dylan VanDetta

Secretary, Jodi Campbell

Competition Committee Chairman, Jaime Koty

Communication Committee Chairman, Jenn McPoland

 

Lee Hedgmon:

-OBC Board has been overwhelmed with emails and requests regarding information about the Water Treatment Project.  Lee would like all of these requests to be forwarded to Jason, Jaime, and Jeremie. 

-Lee will be inviting a representative from Strange Brew Homebrew Club to attend the tail end of our next board meeting.  They have questions regarding being a non-profit club

 

Dylan VanDetta:

-Dylan passed a copy of the current budget to all present board members for review

-Dylan requested Lee and Jodi to meet at OnPoint Community Credit Union on May 9th to sign documents to get debit cards issued

 

Jenn McPoland:

-Jenn is communicating with The Commons to make sure they can accommodate members for the next out meeting. 

-Jenn is continually needing content for the Newsletter and is open to suggestions for new content

-Jenn needs volunteers with their OLCC cards to help with the fruit beer fest June 12-14.  She will be creating a Facebook page for volunteers.  Jaime will send Jenn sign up for She Brew to see if she can use it.

-A puzzler was suggested for the newsletter.  Jenn is open to it if someone is willing to put it together.

 

Jaime Koty:

-Tampa Bay competition will be August.  Jaime has been in talks with Tampa Bay regarding change of venue from Indiana State Fair.  The categories will be fruit beer and dark lagers.

-June meeting competition will be fruit beer and Lawnmower beers.

-Jaime was putting together suggestions for upcoming board meetings.  Some suggestions were Montavilla, Valley Growlers, Lucky Lab, and McPolander’s

 

Will Minderhout:

-Will is putting together an OBC Bull Run Watershed bus trip.  Suggested this become an annual trip for OBC members.  Trip is $10 per person with a maximum of 26 people.  Tours are July through October on Fridays and Saturdays.  A date has still not been set for this trip.

-Will needs more people to sign up for coast bus trip

 

Board discussions-

-bringing back “B” meetings.  Some locations that were suggested were Ground Breaker, Bunsen Brewing, Three Mugs, 2 Kilts, and Ambacht

-still trying to contact the Latvian hall for holiday party.  They are not responding to our messages.  We are expecting 200+ people with kids.  Board discussed potential for hiring teenagers as babysitters for this event.

-Next weekend (Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd) is Cheers to Belgian Beers


Jason Barker (not present but asked for board to discuss):

-Jason Hinson has offered to host a feedback/tasting event at his house on May 4th.  Still looking for 1 or 2 more experienced homebrewers who can provide feedback to the 6-8 members bringing beer.  Register on the website.

-Lisa Hinson has offered to put together content for new member packets.  Dylan has forwarded her a bunch of useful items.  If anyone else has anything for the packet forward info to Lisa.

-During June 11th meeting Jason is thinking of putting together on “open forum” on homebrew tasting.  Encourage all members to bring beers and share with others and get feedback.  Also looking for experienced homebrewers to help with an “expert panel” Q&A portion.  If there is any feedback or better ideas for the education portion of the meeting contact Jason B.

-Jason B. is attempting to organize a bus trip to OSU but responses have been slow.  Possibly planning this for July 7th, Aug 8th, 29, Sept 5, Oct 3, 10, 24 or Nov 21.  If any of these dates cause a conflict with the club let Jason B. know.

-Jason B. is also looking into organizing a bus trip to Indie Hops sometime between Sept-Feb to see warehouse and pellet processing

 

Meeting adjourned at 8:54PM

 

Comments

  • 05/11/2015 8:24 AM | Will Minderhout
    I would like to hear in the news letter mailed to my email address. I never received OBC News Letter. Thanks.

    Young Kim
    youngwk03@gmail.com
    Link  •  Reply

Please email broken links or website suggestions to webmaster@oregonbrewcrew.org


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software